Thursday, August 29, 2013

#gettingcrafty: smash it up !

Greetings ! It's been almost a week since I last updated with the progress of how my SMASH Book is going... and not much progress has been made within that amount of time. Every time I do something creative, I feel like I have to let my creative juices rest and do other mindless things until they are recharged, kekeke. With the short break I took, I managed to do two pages (sadly, only two pages).

One of the reasons why I took so long in doing another page or two was because I didn't know what to smash next or how to order things from that page onward. I'm trying to do it chronologically, but I have so much stuff that don't fit together chronologically, but the categories can be arranged chronologically, so I decided to just go with that.

Before I get to the pages, I bought some more stuff to help me with my SMASH Book ! I was in Target and I passed the scrapbooking aisle. I curiously looked and saw a few SMASH products on sale ! :D I bought four pockets, these magnetic clip thingies, and this booklet for around $4 :D


And without further ado, here are the two pages I did !


The theme of these two pages is FTC (Fall Training Conference). It is an annual CNH Circle K event held in Sonora, CA. Bunches of workshops, new members are called on stage and get a certificate welcoming them into the organization and clubs hand out/trade cool goodies to put on your name tags and show off during the event.

Here is the first page~
A close up of the first page.
My certificate ^__^ I went on stage to receive this ! 
From SD to Sonora in NorCal ! The washi tape parts say what school I got the cool goodies from.
And the right page~

I got that bag from UCR. I'm using it to hold the FTC program. The space-related stickers are also from UCR, since their theme was Men In Black. It took forever to get the bag to stick on the page.
The beautiful program~
Behind the straps of the bag, since I didn't want there to just be an awkward space.
That's it for now ! I'm debating whether or not to do a giant Circle K chunk (aka a few pages, since I have random Circle K stuff) or KP/Phamily pages next, since I don't know what would be better chronologically. Maybe I'll do all Circle K stuff (including DCON, which is after those two chunks) and then KP/Phamily pages afterwards. Or my birthday after the pages I just did THEN those pages ? Maybe I should've done my birthday before these FTC pages.... AHHHH, I don't know.

I still also do not have a cover. I know what I want on the cover, but I don't know how to design it yet. Hopefully, I'll get a random burst of inspiration and design the cover before the book gets TOO fat.

I'm excited to work on the rest of my book & keep you all updated ! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment