Tuesday, August 13, 2013

#concert: jonas brothers concert !

I went to two concerts in about one week, which is pretty unusual. This time, I went to the Jonas Brothers concert ! It's been about three and a half years since I saw them live for the first time, back when they were still super popular, when tickets were sold out almost instantly. I'm not obsessed with Jonas Brothers like I am with One Direction, nor was I obsessed back when they were popular, but I always loved their music.

I went with my cousins and my sister. One of my cousins (who was visiting from Vancouver) is a HUGE Jonas Brothers fan. She obsesses over the Jonas Brothers like I do with One Direction (which is enormous, if you can't tell). They made the concert experience so great. I don't think I would've had as much fun if I went with just my sister.

My cousin in the middle is the super obsessed JB fan :P
We got there at almost 6PM. My cousin bought a shirt (which was as expensive as 1D merch... I guess merch is that expensive. How annoying !) and we found our seats. On the way there, we saw my cousin and aunt and uncle, who got free seats. Their seats were pretty good ! Our seats were pretty good too, since they were floor, but it was kinda hard to see sometimes.  It was also kind of sad because there were a good amount of empty seats open; they didn't completely sell out like they used to. Nevertheless, it wasn't too bad... and as soon as the concert started, the people next to me and in front of me left because they couldn't see, so I had more room to dance/peer around heads, waving hands, and cameras to see. I wish I had a picture from the Jonas Brothers concert I went to in December 2008 (I think) so I could compare views... but I don't have one handy on me !

Some DJ was the opening act, starting at around 7PM. He helped pass the time a little bit before Karmin, the other opening act, went on. A guy on the stands was dancing to every song he played and it was so funny/awesome. I couldn't stop laughing. I wouldn't mind dancing with that guy. THEN KARMIN CAME ON AND I WAS SO EXCITED ! I've been a fan of theirs since I saw their "Look At Me Now" cover that caused their current status of fame. They opened with my current jam from them, "A Capella," played some new songs, sang "Look At Me Now" (I WAS SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS, OMG), then ended with "Brokenhearted." Their set was long, but I didn't mind because I thought the Jonas Brothers would be out after that.


But I was wrong. The DJ came back and started doing a set with only his mouth or whatever, which was cool at first, but got kind of boring really quickly (plus I don't think he's that good of a singer). A lot of us were getting restless.

Finally, the Jonas Brothers came out a bit past 9PM. A lot of us were feeling bored and tired while waiting for them, but instantly woke up when the lights turned off and when they came out. It was so exhilarating seeing them after so long ! I can't believe it's been over three years since they last toured. Here are some pictures I took !

This was so cute, omg. I screamed so loud.

Nick played piano for "A Little Bit Longer" and the drums for Joe's solo song, "See No More." Ugh, musically inclined boys are so hot.


They brought Karmin back on stage during their song "Let's Go," which I guess they are featured in. It was so sick. I was so happy they did a collaboration... only makes sense since they've been touring together this whole time.


They even brought back Big Rob (apparently he isn't their bodyguard anymore ;~;) via video chat (probably pre-recorded, but still cool) to do his rap in Burnin' Up ! I was so excited, omg. I wish it was a real appearance, but this made me so happy.

BIG ROB'S FO REAL (AND THAT'S NO LIE) !
Although it's been a really long time since I've seen them live, I'm so happy they're coming out with new music and touring and still playing old music with perfection ! Being a loyal fan pays off so much. It was such an enjoyable and fun concert and man it was just a great night. I hope that if One Direction ever took a break and decided to tour again years later, they would have a successful comeback like the Jonas Brothers are, and would be able to fill a big arena with loyal fans. I'd be there in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment