Saturday, April 5, 2014

#ootd: for those weird cool, but sunny days...

Hi everyone !

It's the end of week one of Spring Quarter, so I still have relatively enough free time to lounge around on the Internet and do nothing (although I should probably do some physics or ochem homework...).

My boyfriend and I celebrated the end of week 1 by watching a movie ! This morning, we went to the local movie theater and watched Hayao Miyazaki's last film, The Wind Rises. I definitely recommend it, especially if you are a fan of his other works (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, etc.). It was very bittersweet, movie plot-wise and reality-wise. I hope that future Studio Ghibli films will be as great as the legacy Miyazaki has established.

Anyways, the movie showing was at 9:30am, so it was pretty early to be up. The weather said it was to be cool, but knowing San Diego, cool is... actually nice. It is also the first week of April and Springtime, so I thought it would be fun to wear shorts instead of pants, but I wanted to stay warm just in case it did actually get a bit cold.

Solution: sweater, shorts, boots.

Sweater: Fashion Q
Shorts: from thrifting. They were ugly jeans but I cut them into shorts. I liked the high-waistish feel of the shorts and the wash.
Socks: Marshall
Boots: Steve Madden
Because I didn't want bring a purse to the movie theater, I wore this jacket to hold my wallet and glasses. I love how this jacket makes everything look better put-together. I also love its functionality.

Jacket: Forever 21
This outfit is one of my better outfits I have put together since coming to college; although I've been more fashion-forward, I do have those lazy bummin'-it-in-a-shirt-and-jeans-or-leggings kind of days. This just happened to not be one of those days.

Like this look on my Lookbook.nu (: I look forward to posting more #ootds on here in the near future~

No comments:

Post a Comment